Doctor Download Archives
- I Have The Better Idea
- Your Family's Media Diet & Internet Safety Month
- 1+1+1= 1 New Children's Hospital
- The Power People Need To Hear From Us
- What Could It Mean For The New Children's Hospital?
- The Nature Principle Waiting for Summer
- The Value of Sports Participation
- Vegetables and VeggieTales
- Eight Infections A Year
- Home Birth in the Hospital
- Cookie Monster and A Rainbow of Good Ideas
- Third World Health Perspectives: Boys, Play Ball!
- Lessons in Perseverance
- All Children Have Special Needs
|Don't Eat The Marshmallow|
Don't eat the marshmallow?
At Stanford University a group of researchers studied the ability of four-year olds to hold out for two marshmallows rather than immediately eating the one offered. Guess how many children could delay gratification for a bigger, better outcome?
Perhaps more importantly, the four-year olds eventually grew into eighteen year olds, and the real message is what happened for those children who scored the second marshmallow. It's worth a look at this five minute video clip, and it may change the way you answer your children next time they ask, "can I have...?"
Watch and tell us what you think. And if you're brave enough, tell us if you were the four year old who ate the marshmallow!